We held our annual meeting on April 5, at the Oklahoma City Golf & Country Club, to give away 100% of Impact Oklahoma’s membership dues, which added up to $223,500, to the four nonprofit organizations selected as finalists by the Grant Committee. The entire Board of Directors, especially Executive Director Susan Amis, did an excellent job putting together a fun, inspiring evening where we thanked our members for their generosity and gave away money to well-deserving local charities.
Our 159 members (and their guests) had the opportunity to:
- Meet, network and connect with each other and the nonprofit finalists;
- Hear from guest speaker Marnie Taylor, President and CEO of the Oklahoma Center for Nonprofits, about the need for nonprofits more than ever in our current financial environment;
- Learn about the four nonprofit finalists and hear their proposals for use of our grant funds to make an impact in the community;
- Join us in recognition of our Volunteer of the Year, Cassie Bowen, for all she has done and continues to do for Impact Oklahoma and Oklahoma City through her volunteerism and community service; and
- Vote to award the grant funds to the following nonprofit organizations with projects supporting four focus areas.
ANNA’S HOUSE FOUNDATION – Foster Care Community – $100,000
GRANVILLE COMMUNITY MUSIC SCHOOL – Transforming Lives Through Music – $100,000
Health & Wellness
RAINBOW FLEET Mobile Training and Lending Program – $11,750
CENTRAL CHRISTIAN CAMP Universal Program Access – $11,750